Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Crochet Along Part 2 - Mermaid Tears Purse

Are you ready to begin? Did you pick out your colors? What did you choose? I think this will be a month long project but feel free to move along as fast or as slow as you want. I already made one and want to make another. 



I didn't realize there were videos to go along with this pattern and in this case it made a world of difference for me. I love all the different textures used in this purse. 

Don't look to close to mine because you'll find a few mistakes, but I'm going to share with you what I learned as I made it the 1st time. 

This 1st week I want to work on the crocodile/ mermaid scales portion of the purse. Once you get the hang of the pattern you'll fly through it but it does take a while to make this beautiful texture. So well worth it in the end.  

"The Bag" 

 If you've never done a crocodile stitch this video will help you a ton. 

You'll notice he uses different size hooks than the pattern calls for and I think next time I will go up a hook size too. You'll use more yarn but the bag will be a little bigger and I like to work with bigger hooks when I can get away with it. 

Be sure to count those stitches around. I messed up on the ends of my rows along the way and got away from my pattern. I kept loosing a crocodile stitch. You should have 12 around and I got down to 10 some how. I ended up frogging 6 rows of hard work ugh? So be sure to count...LOL! 

Once I figured out what I was doing wrong it went smoothly from there.

*Here is where I messed up - on rnd 3 when you are to sl st to the 3 dc I wasn't thinking and just did one big sl st and pulled those stitches all together and it was bunching. Be sure you sl st in each stitch over to the 3 dc. I was dropping stitches and thats why my purse was getting smaller. Oops! 

Good luck!! 

If you need it here is the link to the pattern



I can't wait to see yours! Feel free to post photos of you progress on my Facebook wall 


1 comments:

niccupp said...

I am considering joining in, but still not sure yet. Yours turned out lovely! :)

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.