Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mosaic Crochet - Learning a new technic

On Friday I got a book in the mail that's I'd won from Ambassador Crochet's Blog. It's called "How to Mosaic Crochet" by Annie's Attic. I was going to link to their website but the book isn't listed. You can find it on Amazon and Ebay with a simple search.

I was so excited to get it when I did because I was going out of town which meant car time to learn something new. I mostly just read the book to learn how to do it and it seemed complicated and it isn't easy at first.

I was glad to get to my Moms and sit down with my hooks and yarn to try the a simple pattern first. Mosaic crochet its very unique. You not only have to know how to read a pattern but you have to read a chart. I got really confused and frustrated at first but after a few rows I started to get the hang of it. This is definitely a technic that requires undivided attention.

My first project was a small coaster and I decided after I finished the one that It needed a mate so I made another in the opposite color.

My first mosaic project: Set of coasters


I was pretty pleased with how they turned out. There are several other projects in the book. I'd like to try the scarf and purse and maybe even come up with a design on my own for a ipad, nook or kindle cover. This will take a while tough - Maybe I should start small with my iphone cover instead...LOL! 

I really enjoyed learning a new technic! 


1 comments:

Kristine Mullen said...

Yay! Looks great. You've been very busy lately!

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.